STICK 2D is a 2D spin off of the STICK Franchise.
Information[edit | edit source]
Unlike the main series, this game is a Platformer Run N Gun, so the game is played in a 2D perspective.
The game also used sprites, and as such, there is a separate image file for each frame of an entity.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The most notable difference in this game is that it involves more shooting and less hand-to-hand combat. The player can also pick up different weapons rather than just using the default.
For each Mission that the player completes, he/ she will recieve a Skill Point which can be used to upgrade the character's stats such as Pistol Damage and Max HP.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Guns[edit | edit source]
- Pistol: the default weapon used by both characters. Moderate ROF and low damage. Infinite ammo.
- Machine Gun: most common Power Weapon. High ROF and low damage. 200 Ammo
- Rocket Launcher: slow projectile for wide splash damage. Low ROF and high damage. 30 ammo
- Sniper Rifle: hitscan weapon that can pierce enemy infantry units. Low ROF and moderate damage. 30 ammo.
- Homing Missile: chases enemies and has high speed. Moderate ROF and moderate damage. 30 ammo.
- Ray Gun: a hitscan weapon, but cannot pierce enemies. High ROF and moderate damage. 200 ammo.
- Flamethrower: damages enemies as long as it is there, but with a short range. Moderate ROF, damage depends on contact duration. 30 ammo.
- Minigun: high damage output pays for it's 5 seconds charge up. Massive ROF and low damage. 500 ammo.
- Shotgun: short ranged weapon that damages everything in range. Low ROF and Massive damage. 15 ammo.
Special Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Charge Gauntlet: Walther's Raider weapon.
- Throwing Knives: Elisa's Raider weapon.
- Grenades: explodes on contact with enemy. High damage and small splash.
- Molotov Cocktails: only explodes against solid ground and enemy vehicles. Damage depends on contact duration (on ground), high damage (instant explode), wide splash.
- Spiked Ball: doesn't explode, but does damage as long as it bounces. High damage.
- Incendiary Grenades: leaves a wall of fire upon detonation. Damage depends on contact duration.
- Frag Bomb: explodes in mid-air and shoots spikes in 16 direction: Moderate damage.
Playable Raiders[edit | edit source]
The Raiders from the main series are not playable. Instead, the players are given 2 unique characters.
- Walther: he uses the powerful Charge Gauntlet. Starts with 2 Points on HP and Melee Damage.
- Elisa: she uses throwing knives, which she can duplicate just like Alice's Element Arrows. Starts with 2 Points on Speed and Special Damage.
Unused Contents[edit | edit source]
- There were sprites for both Male and Female Soldiers appearing freaked out, but neither are used.
- It appears that the Fanatic Soldiers were originally going to use makeshift weapons such as RC Cars with Dynamite, and Explosive Basketballs.
- There were sprites of the Valkyrie Archers reloading, but was unused.
- Avengers are not seen in the game, even though their sprites are present.
- There also appear to be a Zombie using a puke attack. But every Zombies in the game just melees.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The mechanics of this game actually bears a resemblance to the retro Run N Gun game Metal Slug that is made by SNK. The pistol, machine gun, rocket launcher and greades are all based off weapons from that game.
- Aside from the weapons, other "borrowed elements" including the Basic Soldiers' death animation (from the main enemies), the sound effects and even the explosions.